I am back in the kitchen this week, amongst other things I made Bom Bocado, this quick version of Bom Bocado means that you can have it in just over one hour.
Bom bocado means ‘good mouth-feel’ ‘delicious’, is a sweet treat made of eggs, milk and sugar with a strong Portuguese influence. In Portugal usually carries chopped almonds, or milk, flour in a crumbly dough. In Brazil, this sweet of the same name is commonly made of coconut, Parmesan cheese, milk, butter and some versions cassava is added in its composition.
It’s a delicious treat accompanied by a cup of coffee or your favourite beverage.
|Bom Bocado and Coffee|
Bom Bocado recipe
coconut custard slices
baking dish (20cmx25cmx5cm)
Make: 12 slices
3 medium organic eggs, room temperature
1 tablespoon of butter, room temperature
400ml of full-fat milk, 2 cups, room temperature
2 cups of caster sugar, 400g
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
100g grated coconut
70g of self-raising flour
Pinch of Salt
Vanilla extract – to taste
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170C (Fan)
2. Blend all ingredients for about 10 minutes, until well incorporated
3. Grease a medium baking dish with butter and dust with plain flour.
4. Add the coconut batter to the prepared dish and take it to the pre-heated oven to bake for about 50- 60 minutes – when it’s risen and golden
5. Let it cool for 15 minutes before cutting it.
Enjoy your day!
Pin for later: